Recipe by: Ange McCalmont
Source: Family Recipe
- 40gr Butter
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 2 Leeks (white parts only chopped)
- 250gr of Broccoli
- 4 Ripe Pears (peeled and chopped)
- 175gr Toasted Flaked Almonds
- 150gr Low Fat Soft Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Oatmeal
- 570 ml milk
- 850 ml of Vegetable Stock
- Salt to Taste
- Chop onion and white parts of leek.
- Trim broccoli into tiny florets and finely chop the stalk, put florets to one side for later.
- Melt butter in pot, add leek, onion and broccoli stalk and sweat for 10mins until soft.
- Then add chopped pears, adding almonds, oatmeal and milk a little at a time, then add stock, season to taste and simmer for 10mins.
- Steam broccoli florets.
- Let soup cool before blending with soft cheese and transferring into clean pot
- Add steamed broccoli florets, reheat and serve.
Download PDF here: Irish Broccoli, Cream Cheese, Pear and Almond Soup