Recipe by: Ange McCalmont
Source: Family Recipe
- 2 Large Eggs
- 120 gr Caster Sugar
- 500gr Strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 450ml Double Cream
- 1Tbsp Icing Sugar
- Heat Oven 120c/ gas 1
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Whisk egg whites until they reach stiff peaks, then add sugar in 3 lots, re-whisking to stiff peaks every time.
- Spoon dollops of mixture onto baking tray, cook at the bottom of the oven for 1hr- 1hr 15mins until meringues are completely hard and come off tray easily. Leave to cool.
- Blitz a 1/3 of the strawberries to make a sauce.
- In large bowl mix the cream with icing sugar until it holds its shape.
- Roughly crush ¾ of the meringues and tip in with remainder of chopped strawberries, swirl through the strawberry sauce and dollop into bowls, sprinkling remaining crushed meringues on top.
Download PDF here: British Eton Mess