Recipe by: Aparna Balasubramaniam
Source: Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- 7 sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 24 white mushrooms, stems pulled out and chopped fine and caps reserved
- 2/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves, washed well, spun dry, and minced
- 3/4 tsp dried basil, crumbled
- 4 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lay mushroom caps, stems removed, face down on baking sheet either lightly sprayed with cooking spray or parchment paper. Bake them approximately 10 minutes, or until their liquid puddles underneath. Remove from the oven. Carefully pour off liquid that has gathered in the bottom of the pan, and then again, carefully, turn mushroom caps over so they are ready to be filled.
- In a small skillet heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook chopped mushrooms stems, shallots and garlic, stirring until shallots are softened. In a bowl stir together mushrooms mixture, bread crumbs, tomatoes, parsley, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Mound stuffing in reserved mushroom caps and arrange caps in a lightly greased shallow baking dish, or the same parchment-lined pan you’ve roasted your mushrooms in. Sprinkle mushrooms with Parmesan and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes.
Download PDF here: Mexican Mushrooms Stuffed with Sun-Dried Tomatoes