Recipe by: Aparna Balasubramaniam
Source: Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and well-rinsed
- 3 bell peppers, a mix of colors, chopped into a small dice
- 1/2 super-large or 1 medium white onion, chopped into a small dice
- Juice of one lime
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 fresh chile, very thinly sliced or finely chopped or hot sauce, to taste
- Optional: If you’re the kind of person who loves cilantro, it’s a great match for this salad.
- Mix beans, bell peppers and white onion in a large bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk remaining ingredients into a vinaigrette. Ideally, you’ll have a ½ cup of dressing. Pour it over the bean mixture, toss it well and adjust seasonings to taste.
This works equally well as a small salad–even tossed with salad greens for more bulk–or alongside salsa fresca for scooping up with a tortilla chip.
Download PDF here: Mexican Black Bean Confetti Salad