Recipe by: Nadine Dietl-Augst
For approx. 20 pieces
- 1-2 packets of Filo dough (frozen)
- 50 gr butter, melted
- 1 kg apples, tangy
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 100 gr butter
- 150 gr breadcrumbs
- 150 gr caster sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 100 gr raisins
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven on 200 °C.
- Peel apples, grate and mix with lemon juice. Melt the butter in a pan, add the breadcrumbs, caster sugar and cinnamon and roast. Let it cool on a plate and mix with apples and raisins.
- Place 2 sheets of filo dough over each other and cut into 4 squares. Apply butter to the edges and spread 1 Tbsp of the filling at the bottom of the square.
- Fold in the dough from the side, roll it over the filling and place on a baking tray. Do the same with the rest of the dough and the filling.
- Butter the strudels and bake in the oven (middle rack) for approx. 15 minutes. Sprinkle icing sugar and serve with custard and ice cream.
Download recipe here: German Mini Apple Strudels