Recipe by: Nadine Dietl-Augst
Source: Family Recipe
For 0.5 l
- 200 gr chestnuts (soft and peeled, vacuum-packed)
- 150 gr milk
- 100 gr whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 120 gr sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 twist of whiskey
- Boil the chestnuts in milk and whipping cream, then puree. Whisk egg yolk with sugar and salt in a bain-marie until foamy.
- Add chestnut puree to the egg mixture and pour in a twist of whiskey.
- Add the mixture to ice cream machine and let it stir and cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Download recipe here: German Chestnut Ice Cream