Recipe by: Nitika Jambusaria
Source: Family Recipe
- 1 cup besan or chickpea flour
- 1 cup sooji or semolina
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger chili paste
- 1 sachet Eno fruit salt
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp whole mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 green chilies sliced long
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- Coriander leaves
- Fresh grated Coconut
- Mix all the ingredients in batter except for Eno and keep it aside for 20- 25 mins. Mix Eno and put it in greased plate and steam for 15-20 mins.
- Take 1 cup water and put some salt, sugar and ginger chili paste.
- Take oil in a pan and put mustard seeds, curry leaves, sesame seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Put the spiced water into the pan and let it boil. Close gas and put lemon to the mixture.
- Cut the hot dhoklas in desired shape and put the tempering.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
Download PDF here: Dhokla
There are more photos in this PDF than in this blog post.