Recipe by: Titin Palma
Source: Titin’s (Italian) sister-in-law
Makes 1 cake
Note: this is a Southern Italian dish
• 140 g (1½ cup) almond flour
• 130 g (½ cup + 1 Tbsp caster sugar)
• 80 g (2/3 cup) flour
• 1tsp baking powder (stir into flour above)
• 50g ( ½ Tbsp) icing sugar
• 50g (3 Tbsp) butter, softened
• 4 eggs
• Pinch of salt
Ingredients (Pear Compote)
• 350 g ricotta cheese
• 80 g(1/3 cup) caster sugar
• 270 ml (1 cup + 2 Tbsp) whipping cream
• 1 Tbsp caster sugar
• 1 tsp butter
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 400 g pear, cut into small cubes
• Preheat oven 180 C (350 F).
• In two separate bowls, separate 3 egg whites, put a pinch of salt then beat at medium speed until they form soft peak.
• With the mixer still running add in slowly the icing sugar, increase the speed to high until it firm.
• Put the whole egg into the bowl with the 3 egg yolks, add in caster sugar, beat them until pale color.
• Slowly add in the flour (baking powder already stirred in) and the almond flour then beat with mixer in medium speed.
• Add in the soft butter and beat again for another 2-3 minutes.
• Fold in the egg white mixture into the flour mixture until they are fully incorporated.
• Pour the batter into the tin that you already cover with baking paper and bake until the middle part of the cake is cook. (I am using the spring form baking tin).
• Let it cool.
Download PDF here. There are more photos on page 1 and 2 of this PDF than in this blog post here. Italian Baked Ricotta and Pear Almond Cake