Recipe by: Vanita Aksekar
Source: Own recipe
Paan gulkand drink is a cooling refreshing summer drink made from Paan (betel leaves) and rose petal preserve.
• 5 to 6 betel leaves
• 2 pieces cardamom
• 2 pieces chandan (fresh mint candy)
• 4 to 5 Tbsp gulkand (rose petal preserve, see photo in PDF below)
• 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
• 4 cups of cold milk or 3 cups of milk + 1 cup of water
• Wash the betel leaves thoroughly and pat them dry.
• Take a knife and chop the head of paan leaves & discard the same.
• Use light hands to cut the paan leaves or cut with scissor.
• In a blender add paan leaves, 2 pieces of chandan (mint candy), gulkand, 2 pieces of cardamom (remove the skin and make powder using mortar & pestle), vanilla ice cream & little water. Blend all of the above.
• Take a strainer and strain the liquid. Discard the residue if any.
• Take another bowl with milk and mix the above mixture with it and stir well.
• Chill before serving.
Download PDF here: Indian Paan Shots