Recipe by: Carolyn Changuion
Serves: about 1 cup
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp liquid from a can of chickpeas (at room temperature)
- 3/4-1 Cup neutral tasting oil (e.g. grapeseed)
- Using an immersion blender, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, ground mustard, salt, and chickpea liquid and mix for just a second so it’s all combined.
- ith the immersion blender running, slowly drizzle in the oil 1/4 cup at a time. The mixture will start to become very thick and you will need to move the immersion blender around to get it all combined.
- Once the mixture is nice and thick (i.e. it doesn’t run/pour off the immersion blender when lifted out of the mixture), stop adding the oil.
- Transfer the mayo to a jar and store in the fridge. The mayo will thicken up upon refrigeration.
- Use in place of mayonnaise in any recipe.
Download PDF here. Homemade Vegan Mayo