Recipe by: Sue Chung
Source: Personal recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp salted shrimp paste
- 1-2 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- ½ block of organic silk tofu, cubed
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) water
- 1 Ttukbaegi pot (Korean earthenware – available at Korean grocery stores, call first)
- Beat eggs thoroughly.
- Add salt and shrimp paste.
- Add the chopped scallions.
- Slide the tofu cubes into the pot.
- Add the eggs and water.
- Cook covered until done, stirring once in between.
- Serve immediately as the shape will collapse if not hot anymore.
Download PDF here. There are more photos in this PDF than in this blog post. South Korean Egg (Gaeran Jjim)