Recipe by: Nadine Dietl-Augst
Source: Family recipe
Note: you can double the recipe; it keeps well in the freezer
- 1 egg
- 100 g semolina
- 35 g soft butter
- nutmeg, freshly grounded
- vegetable stock (homemade or bought)
- chives, carrots or other vegetables (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together, let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Take a small amount of the dough with the help of a spoon. Use a second spoon and your wet fingers to form “Nockerl” (small dumplings).
- Let them cook for 20 min. in vegetable stock and allow them to steep for another 10 minutes.
- If not eaten immediately, remove the dumplings from the soup and keep them in a bowl until served.
Download PDF here. There are more photos in this PDF than in this blog post. German Soup With Semolina Dumplings