Recipe by: Sibel Cinar
Source: Family Recipe
- 1 cup white beans, soaked overnight
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium red onion, thin sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 egg, hardboiled, cut into 4 slices
- ½ green capsicum, cut in small pieces lengthwise
- 1 cucumber, cut into dices
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In a pot, combine soaked beans with water and salt. Let it simmer over medium heat until beans are tender but not mushy. (it takes quite long to cook in a pot, approx. 1 h, whereas only 30 min in a pressure cook)
- Drain and let it cool at room temperature.
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked beans, onions, tomatoes, green capsicum, parsley.
- Add sauce over the ingredients and mix gently with a spoon.
- Transfer the salad in a serving dish and garnish with boiled eggs.
- P.S: Beans cooking time may vary depending on the quality. If cooking in the pressure cook, check the softness after 15 min. Tinned beans can be used instead of dried ones. Just drain and rinse them.
Download PDF version here: Sibel Cinar – Turkish Piyaz (White Bean Salad)