Recipe by: Sibel Cinar
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 1 cup semolina
- 2 cups hot milk
- 80 g butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Melt the butter in a pan, add semolina and pine nuts, stir in medium heat for 6-7 min until semolina is medium brownish.
- Add sugar and stir for 2 min, then pour the milk, lower the het, stir for another 2-3 min.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Cover the pan with absorbent kitchen paper and the lid over the top.
- Leave to stand covered for 15 min before serving.
- Get a small bowl, put inside some semolina, place some ice-cream in the middle then cover it with some more semolina, press slightly.
- Put the bowls upside down on individuals plates.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on the top.
Download PDF version here: Sibel Cinar – Turkish Irmik Helvasi (Semolina Halva)