- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1Tbsp butter
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups hot vegetable or chicken stock or water
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Add butter and olive oil in a pan. When butter is melted, add chopped onions and bell peppers, saute until soft.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, cook for 3-5 min until tomatoes are softened.
- Add bulgur, salt, ground pepper into the pan and stir once.
- Put hot water and cover.
- Cook over medium to low heat until the bulgur has absorbed all the water. It is important not to stir the pilaf during this time.
- Remove the pan from the heat and wait for 10 min, then serve hot.
Download PDF version here: Sibel Cinar – Turkish Domatesli Bulgur Pilavi (Bulgur Pilaf with tomatoes and bell peppers)