Recipe by: Paula Barbero
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 big red bell peppers
- 2-3 small onions
- 2-3 tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Optional: anchovies, tuna
- Wash the vegetables and place them in a oven tray, except for tomatoes. Preheat the oven.
- Make some cuts to eggplants and pour olive oil over all of them.
- Roast for 1-1.5 hours aprox (it depends on the size) at 170ºC, flipping them from time to time. After 30-40 mins, we can put tomatoes as well.
- Covered and leave them cool down. Peel them and take off the seeds from peppers and eggplants.
- Cut them in strips, put them in a plate, add some salt and the juices from the tray.
- Toast some bread, rub it with tomato. Place some strips of eggplant, pepper and onion onto the bread and top with an anchovy or tuna (optional).
Download PDF version here: Spanish Escalibada_Paula Barbero