Recipe by: Lorraine Graybill
Source: Family Recipe
This was my husband’s aunt’s recipe, and was a staple at her 4th of July picnic each year.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup white Karo syrup (corn syrup)
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 cups Krispie cereal
- 1 pack (6 oz) butterscotch chips
- ½ pack (3 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease 8×8” pan, set aside.
- Heat sugar and Karo syrup until it boils around the edge.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter, vanilla and Rice Krispies.
- Pat into prepared pan.
- To frost, melt the butterscotch and chocolate chips together and spread on top.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then cut into 12 bars.
- Cool until chocolate hardens in the refrigerator.
Download PDF version here: American Peanut Butter Bars Lorraine Graybill