Recipe by: Fukiko Mann
Source: http://littleferrarokitchen.com/2015/09/turkish-pide-turkish-pizza-with-2-different-fillings/ and http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/swiss-chard-and-herb-tart-with-young-cheese-shop
- 160gr warm Water
- 350gr Flour + more
- 1 tsp. Yeast
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 120g Greek Yogurt, full-fat
- Pinch of Salt
- 226gr Beef or Lamb, chopped
- 2 large Green Chilli
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 1 Onion, grated
- 1/2 tsp. Red Capsicum
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Paprika Powder
- Olive Oil, for drizzling
- ¼ small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Celery, thinly sliced
- 1/3 packets Green Leaves
- 1 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. Torn Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil, plus extra
- 30gr Feta, crumbled
- 20gr Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 10gr Pine Nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 Lemon, grated zest
- 50gr Ricotta
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Egg + Water, for egg wash
- Sesame Seeds
Instructions for the dough
- First, in a bowl, add the water, yeast and sugar. Mix and rest for a while until the mixture begins to get foamy.
- Then add the egg, yogurt and salt and incorporate well.
- Using a dough attachment, mix in flour until a ball of dough forms.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes until the dough is smooth and not sticky.
- Place in a bowl and rest while you make the fillings.
- Pre-heat the oven to 210°C.
Instructions to make the meat filling
- Add a tablespoon of butter and a bit of olive oil in a skillet and sauté the meat until just about cooked.
- Add green peppers and cook for 2-3 min, until they begin to soften.
- Add chopped tomato, onion, red capsicum and tomato paste.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the liquid evaporates and vegetables are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and paprika powder.
Instructions to make the cheese filling
- Place a frying pan on medium-high heat and sauté the onion, celery, chard, garlic, mint, parsley and sage in the olive oil.
- Cook, stirring continuously, for 10-15 minutes or until the greens are wilted and the celery has softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the feta, parmesan, pine nuts, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Leave aside to cool.
Instructions to make the Pide
- Once dough has risen to double, cut the dough into 4 equal sized ball.
- Roll the dough balls to a 20cm long ova, an 3cm thick.
- Spoon in the filling, leaving a border around.
- Shape it to a long oval shape, crimping the ends.
- Then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush egg wash over the border and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Drizzle a bit of egg mixture over the meat mixture.
- For vegetable filling, dot it with Ricotta and bake at 250°C for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Download PDF version here: Fukiko Mann – Turkish Pide