Recipe by: Tamlyn Kim
Source: Family recipe
- 30g dried seaweed (Miyeok 미역 in Korean),chopped into bite size
- 1 cucumber, finely julienned
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup lemon vinegar (or any other vinegar)
- 2Tbsp sugar
- 1Tbsp crushed sesame seed
- Optional garnish : red chilli, diagonally sliced
To make salad
- Soak the seaweed in cold water for 30min in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain well. Chop into bite sizes.
- Slice cucumber diagonally and cut lengthwise into thin matchsticks.
- Slice onion thinly.
- Put prepared seaweed, cucumber, onion in a mixing bowl. And add mixture of sauce ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup water and mix thoroughly.
- Keep the salad in the fridge or add ice cubes as it is supposed to be served extremely cold.
Download PDF version here:South Korean Sweet Sour Seaweed and Cucumber Salad Tamlyn Kim