Recipe by: Tamlyn Kim
Source: Family recipe
- 1 medium-big zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup flour(or Korean pancake powder)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Sprinkle a bit of sea salt over zucchini slices.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to beaten eggs.
- Pour flour in a plastic bag.
- Place the shallow plate containing beaten eggs next to stove.
- Heat pan with 1 Tbsp of oil to medium heat.
- Coat half of zucchini slices first with flour by shaking them in the plastic bag until well coated.
- Dip and coat the slices with beaten egg and place into pan.
- Saute zucchini for about 3 to 4 min per side, until they are golden brown.
- Put the fried slices on a plate with kitchen towel in order to absorb the oil.
- Start again with the remaining ingredients.
- Dress the zucchini slices nicely and serve them with the chive salad.
Download PDF version here: South Korean Pan-fried Zucchini Tamlyn Kim