Recipe by: Catia Camillini
Source: Family recipe
- 150gr Plain Four
- 100gr Top Flour
- 100gr Butter
- 150gr Sugar
- 3 yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 16gr Baking Powder
- 200gr Orange Juice
- 4 Orange, zests
- 1 tablespoon Contreau
Ingredients for the Syrup
- 50gr Sugar
- 100gr Orange juice, filtered
- Preheat oven at 170°C.
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the oranges, set aside.
- Divide egg yolks and whites.
- Beat well yolks and sugar.
- Add the soft butter and mix well until soft.
- Add zests, juice and liquor.
- Add in three times the flours and baking powder sifted together.
- Add the whites hard mounted with the mixer.
- Butter and flour a baking tin of about 22 cm and pour the batter.
- Place in oven for about 40/45 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick or fine skewer, it should come out clean.
- While the cake cooks, place in a pan the sugar and juice. Bring to a light boil until thickened, then, let it cool.
- Once ready, let cool the cake slightly and pour over the syrup.
Download PDF version here: Catia Camillini – Orange Cake with Syrup