Recipe by: Pujan Rai
Source: adapted from ieatishootipost.com
Ingredients Cheese Cream mix
- 250gr Cream Cheese
- 6 Egg Yolk
- 60gr Caster Sugar
- 60gr Butter
- 100ml Full Cream Milk
- 1 tbsp. Lemon, juice
- 1 Lemon, zest
- 60gr Cake Flour
- 20gr Corn Flour
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
Ingredients Meringue mix
- 6 Egg white
- ¼ tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 60gr Castor Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C (Fan off).
- Grease a round cake pan 8 inch deep cake pan – line the bottom with baking paper after spraying the pan with non stick spray or greased with butter on sides and base of pan. Make sure baking paper does not creep up on the sides of pan. It will give you wrinkled sides on your cake
Instructions Cream Cheese mix
- Warm the milk and pour it to cubed butter so as to melt the butter but not to make it very hot
- Whish cream cheese in heat proof bowl over a warm water bath. Start whisking cream cheese with hand whisk or hand held electric mixture (at low speed) until it is nice and creamy. There might be some lump left don’t worry about it.
- Add yolks, one at a time, to it and continue whisking.
- To this cream mixture add sugar, milk and butter and vanilla and whisk it
- Remove it from heat. Let it cool down to room temperature
- In another bowl sift the cake flour, corn flour and salt.
- Put the dry ingredient to cream mixture and mix well but don’t over work
- Put the cream mixture through sieve to remove any lumps remained
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice to it and mix well.
Instructions Meringue mix
- Put egg whites in stand mixture with whisk attachment or with hand held mixture
- At the medium speed, whisk until white form appears add cream of tartar. Increase the speed to high.
- Gradually add sugar, a tablespoon at a time. Continue to whish until a trail is left behind when whisk is lifted up from meringue (until soft peak forms). Careful not to over whisk it.
- Fold the meringue to cream cheese mixture in 3 batches. First batch fold it with cheese mix.
- Rest of 2 batches fold in gently to the cheese mixture.
- Pour the cake mix in the prepared cake pan. Tap the cake pan few time to release the air bubbles.
- Put the cake pan in roasting pan or baking pan bigger than cake pan. Pour hot water on the pan, fill it about half of the pan. Then put it in the preheated oven on the bottom rack.
- Bake it at 180 degree C for 15mins and lower it to 160 degree for 15-20mins. By then cake should be brown on top. Leave the cake in closed oven for 30mins. Open the door of the oven and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Take it out from oven and let it cool down to room temperature. Remove from the cake pan and chill it in freezer for at least 4 hours, overnight is better. Decorate with berries and icing sugar.
Download PDF version here