Recipe by: Catia Camillini
Source: Family recipe inspired by http://blog.giallozafferano.it/cucinaprediletta/corona-dei-re-magi-dreikonigskuchen/
- 500gr All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 100gr White Sugar
- 70gr Butter
- 5gr Dry Yeast
- 250ml warm Milk
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Yolk + Milk, for brushing
- Hail Sugar (Pearl Sugar)
- Melt the butter.
- Mix flour, salt and the white sugar.
- Melt the yeast in the warm milk, then add in it the flour mix and add as well the melted butter and the egg.
- Mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Let it rest for about 2 hours, the volume of the dough should double.
- Now take the dough and roll a small piece into a spiral (the Bunny body), add a little ball on a side of it to form its tail, and roll another small piece of dough, fold it in two long part and located it as per its ears.
- Then add 1 sultana as per its eye.
- Place them in an over tray on over oven paper.
- Cover them with film that doesn’t have to touch the Bunnies and let them rest for about 30 minutes.
- Take the tray now and brush them with whisked a egg.
- Spread the pearl sugar on the bodies and the Bunnies tales.
- Cook them for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- If you can, taste them warm on the same day you made them.
- Preserve the remaining ones inside and air tight box.
- The tendency will be to loose their freshness and their magic softness, and they will get harder, but if you warm them again and eat them with milk and jam at breakfast they will still be excellent!
Download PDF version here: Catia Camillini – Pan Brioche Bunnies