Recipe by: Maurizia Debiaggi
Source: Family Recipe
- 3 medium eggplants
- Olive oil
- 1 mozzarella cheese (200 g )
- 200 g tomato sauce
- 100 g grated parmesan
- Slice eggplants lengthwise, about one centimeter thick. Salt them and let it loose the bitter water.(1h)
- Preheat the oven (180 C)
- Place the eggplants on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and, using a brush, grease them with olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until they become soft.
- Cut the mozzarella into stripes and let them drain on a colander.
- Put a little tomato sauce on the eggplant slices, a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese and, at one end some stripes of mozzarella.
- Roll up the eggplant slice on itself.
- Put all the rolls in a baking dish, sprinkle with a little tomato sauce and grated parmesan cheese. Let it brown in a hot oven (180 C) for 10 minutes.
Download PDF version here: Italian Melanzane alla Parmigiana Maurizia Debiaggi