Recipe by: Maurizia Debiaggi
Source: Family Recipe
A perfect cake for a light and nutritious breakfast: it has only a few tablespoons of olive oil, a little sugar and so many apples!
- 200 g flour
- 120 g yogurt
- 80 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 140 ml milk
- 3 medium apples
- 70 g dark chocolate (70%)
- 4 Tbsp pine nuts
- ½ packet baking powder (or 4 g)
- 1 lemon, skin zested
- Carefully mix the yogurt with the sugar until creamy smooth.
- Add oil, egg and milk and continue stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Sift flour with baking powder and add to the mixture: mix again. Using a knife break up the dark chocolate in small flakes and add them, along with the pine nuts. Then add the apples previously thinly cut into small slices.
- Use a rectangular pan ( in order to derive the “squares” of the cake: with these doses I used a pan of 26 × 16 cm.)
- Line the pan with parchment paper and pour the batter: lightly flatten with a spoon; the height should be about 2,5 cm.
- Place in preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 30-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut the squares.
Download PDF version here: Italian Apple, Pine Nuts and Chocolate Cake Maurizia Debiaggi