Recipe by: Tania Nicaise
Source: Family recipe
- 8 thin leeks (or 4 normal size)
- 2 eggs
- 1 handful mixed fresh herbs (tarragon, Italian flat parsley, chervil*, chives)
- 1 tsp cappers
- 3 small gherkins
- 1 Tbsp grain mustard
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil the eggs in water for 10 min, put under cold water and peel it. Keep aside.
- Clean the leeks and keep only the white part (reserve the green for soup or stock)
- Halve the eggs, keep the yellow of 1 egg and chop the rest. Chop all herbs and gherkins as well.
- In a bowl, mix the mustard and vinegar. Add S&P and slowly add the olive oil while mixing. Add in half the herbs and mix carefully.
- Steam the leeks for 10 min; they can’t be overcooked.
- Put leeks on a serving plate, add the rest of the herbs and the remaining crumbled egg yolk. Serve with the sauce.
* Chevril can be found at Market Place or Huber’s. It has a very particular taste. As it’s quite difficult to find it in Singapore, you can prepare the sauce without it.
Download PDF version here: French Grapefruit Salad Tania Nicaise