Recipe by: Meena Trakru
Ingredients for the Donuts
- ½ cups Coconut Oil
- ½ cups Raw Honey
- 6 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Coconut Flour
- ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Ingredients for the Topping
- ½ cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds until liquid form.
- Heat the honey in the microwave for 20 seconds until it’s in liquid form.
- Blend the eggs and honey together in a blender.
- Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Sift the coconut flour, baking soda and salt into the egg mixture and mix until well blended.
- Using a dessert spoon, spoon the batter into the circles of a well-greased donut pan, I used 2 6-circle donut pans. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cooled, remove donuts from the donut pan.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together.
- Dip each donut into the chocolate and set onto a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place donuts into the fridge for the chocolate to harden.
Download PDF version here: Coconut Flour Cake Doughnuts Meena Trakru