Recipe by: Meena Trakru
- 2/3 cup White Sugar
- 1 (414 ml) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups (473 ml) Heavy Cream
- 1 cup (234.5 ml) Milk
- 5 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a small nonstick saucepan, heat the sugar over medium heat.
- Shake and swirl occasionally to distribute sugar until it is dissolved and begins to brown.
- Lift the pan over the heat source (4 to 6 inches) and continue to brown the sugar until it becomes a dark golden brown. You may slightly stir while cooking, but continually stirring causes the sugar to crystallize.
- Pour caramelized sugar into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish or a large loaf pan, and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- In a blender, combine sweetened condensed milk, cream, milk, eggs and vanilla. Blend on high for one minute.
- Pour over the caramelized sugar.
- Place the filled casserole dish into a larger pan and add 1 inch of HOT water to the outer pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set.
Download PDF version here: Baked Flan Meena Trakru