Recipe by: Jo Osman
Source: Source: Nigella Lawson
- 150 g dark chocolate, (chopped)
- 150 g soft unsalted butter (plus some for greasing)
- 6 large eggs
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100 g ground almonds
- 4 tsp good quality cocoa powder, (sifted)
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- icing sugar (to dust)
Ingredients (Margarita Cream)
- 60 ml lime juice
- 1 Tbsp tequila
- 1 Tbsp cointreau (or triple sec)
- 75 g icing sugar
- 250 ml double cream
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Line the base of a 23cm / 9inch springform cake tin with baking parchment and butter the sides.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together either in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, or in a microwave (following manufacturer’s instructions), then set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until about tripled in volume, pale and moussy. I do this using a freestanding mixer, but a handheld electric model would be just fine too; obviously, by hand is possible but would demand tenacity and muscle.
- Mix the ground almonds with the cocoa powder and fold this gently into the egg and sugar mixture, followed by the slightly cooled chocolate and butter. Finally, fold in the zest and juice of your lime.
Download PDF here: British Flourless Chocolate Lime Cake with Margarita Cream Jo Osman