Recipe by: Hilary Truong
Source: Camille Mercier’s Family Recipe
- 300 g dark chocolate (60% max)
- 4 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 150 g butter
- 150 g sugar
- 70 g flour
Preheat oven at 180C (356 F).
- Mix all the wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a pan, melt at a very low heat and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the egg one by one and then the yolks.
- Add delicately the sieved flour.
- Oil 10 little ramequins in aluminium. Fill the ramequins with the above mixed flour which can then be cooked directly. Or frozen or kept in the fridge for a few days.
- Place the ramequins on a tray and in the oven for:
8 mins if ambient temperature
8min 30sec for a refrigerated mix
13 minutes when frozen
- Remove from the oven and from the tray and leave to rest for a short minute before flipping over on a plate
- Serve on its own or with fresh raspberries. Crystal rock salt can be sprinkled on top before eating.
Download PDF version here: Chocolate Lava Cake (Coulant Au Chocolat) Hilary Truong