Recipe by: Hilary Truong
Source: Family Recipe
- 200g butter
- 250g plain flour
- 110g plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten – for glazing
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 150 ml water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 12 strings of french beans, chopped
- around 20 pcs of white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small chicken breasts, diced
- 1 Tbsp of corn starch (heaped ), mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- 5 Tbsp corn
- Pinch of salt, sugar, pepper
- 4 Tbsp canola oil, divided
Ingredients (Marinating the Chicken)
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- few shakes parsley flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Put all ingredients into the mixing bowl except yoghurt and mix to crumble.
- Add in yoghurt and mix to form a dough.
- Dough will be very soft so you need to keep it in the freezer for 30 mins and another 30 mins in the chiller.
- Heat 2 Tbsp canola oil in a wok, add in potatoes and cook with around 150ml water and salt until soft. Set aside.
- In a clean wok, heat the remaining canola oil and fry onion until fragrant and transluscent. Add carrots, french beans and the marinated chicken. Fry for a while to break up the chicken.
- Add in the corn and mushroom then stir well until soft.
- Add in potatoes with the salt water and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add in the salt, pepper and sugar. Adjust the quantity of these ingredients according to your taste.
- When it starts boiling, add in the corn starch mix to thicken the filling. Stir well and set aside.
*You may add sliced hardboiled eggs if desired.
Preheat oven at 180C (356 F).
- Take out the dough from the fridge, and roll in a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough into your desired shape and poke holes in the base using a fork.
- Add in the fillings and close it with a similarly shaped dough on top. Seal the edges by pressing the back of the fork all around. Poke a few more times using a fork on the cover of the pie and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for approximately 30 mins or until the top is browned.
Download PDF version here: Chicken Pie Hilary Truong