Recipe by: Jo Osman
- ½ C grated strong cheddar cheese
- ½ C grated parmesan (even pre-grated is fine for this)
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- ½ C flour
- Dash of cayenne
- 24 pimiento stuffed green olives, drained and carefully dried on kitchen towel
- Paprika, as desired
Preheat oven to 200 C (392 F).
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese, butter, flour and cayenne with a fork until it becomes a dough-like form.
- Scoop up a teaspoon of the dough, flatten, place an olive on it and then fold the dough around it, rolling it into a ball. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Repeat process using up remaining dough. Sprinkle the balls with paprika. (At this point you can freeze the dough balls and cook at a later date. Some people also suggest freezing the balls for 30 mins to chill them, but I never have and they still held their shape beautifully)
- Bake for approx. 15 mins or until golden, turning tray regularly. Best served warm.
Download PDF version here: British Cheesy Olive Bites Jo Osman