Recipe by: Irmelin Mathilde Rohn Amundsen
- 6 chicken thighs
- 400 ml (1¾ cups) coconut milk (ideally fresh or Ayam brand, tin or tetra pack, see photo in PDF)
- 50 ml (scant ¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp jerk seasoning (Plowboys brand – see photo in PDF, available at Redmart)
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 2 pinches red chilli flakes
- 2 whole limes, zest and juice of
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh (optional)
- Mix all ingredients accept for the chicken together this is the marinade.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and rub it with the marinade and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Transfer to a baking dish and cook in the oven at 220 C (430 F) for 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice, small garden peas and kidney beans (mixed together), and Red Stripe beer.
Download PDF here (more photos are in this PDF): Jamacian Jerk Chicken