Recipe by: Daniela Romão
Source: Personal Recipe
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-10 bird’s eye chili, depends on the heat level of your choice
- 4 cloves garlic, or 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder for a thicker consistency
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 c)
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 chicken legs
extra sea salt, as desired
If you want to bake, preheat oven to 218 C (425 F).
- In a blender combine everything except the chicken and the extra salt, blend until very smooth.
- Score chicken legs with a knife a few times.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the sauce over chicken and toss well. I sprinkle a few dashes of extra salt on top of chicken. Marinade the chicken at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Grill your chicken or bake.
- To bake, place chicken on a baking pan lined with foil, spray with oil, and place chicken. Bake for 15 minutes, turn over, baste with extra sauce, and continue to bake for another 10 mins or until chicken is cooked and browned.
- Serve with extra sauce on the side.
Download PDF version here: Portuguese Piri-Piri Chicken (Spicy Chicken) Daniela Romão