Recipe by: Meesha Mausoof
Source: Cookies & Cups
Ingredients for Pound Cake
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2, 9×5 loaf pans with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. After removing them from the oven, immediately loosen cake edges with a knife. Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from the pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Store airtight for up to 3 days.
How to make the strawberry shortcake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 6 cups cubed pound cake
- 1 quart strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and the powdered sugar together for on medium speed for 1 minute until it’s creamy.
- Fold in the Cool Whip evenly. Next stir in the cubed pound cake.
- Spread this mixture into an ungreased 9×13 pan or serving dish.Coverand chill for at least 2 hours.
- At any point while the cream cheese mixture is chilling slice the strawberries. Sprinkle them with the granulated sugar and allow them to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve, spread the strawberries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Download PDF version here: Strawberry Shortcake Meesha Mausoof