Recipe by: Meesha Mausoof
Source: Food Fusion Cooking
- 500g boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp garlic & ginger paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 large onion, pureed
- ½ cup yogurt (for marination)
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Cooking oil ½ cup or as needed
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander for garnish
- Marination: Add chicken in a bowl. Add yogurt, pureed onion, ginger+ garlic paste, salt, red chili, cumin powder, garam masala. Mix all the ingredients and leave it to marinate for 1-2 hour.
- Add oil in a wok and then add marinated chicken and mix well and cook for 15 minutes. Check chicken if it is not tender add more water and let it cook until chicken is done and water is dried.
- Now turn off the flame. Beat yogurt in a bowl with 2 tbsp water and spread over the chicken.
- Burn coal on an open flame, wrap in a aluminum foil with the top open and place carefully on cooked chicken in the pot/ Pour a few drops of cooking oil on the hot coal. The coal will be smokey and now cover the pot and leave for 5 -10 minutes for the smokey flavour to be infused in the chicken.
- Now remove coal and foil from the pot.
- Cook the chicken on low heat/covered for 5 minutes and serve.Sprinkle with fresh coriander
Download PDF version here: Pakistani Chicken Kebabi Meesha Mausoof