Recipe by: Naoko Hama
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 9 – 10 sushi cakes
This is a another way of making your sushi, which doesn’t require such technique as sushi rolls and looks nice when you’re having guests!
- 540ml Vinegared Rice
- Sweet Pickled Ginger, cut in Julienne
- 3 Eggs, cooked in omelet sheets
- Smoked Salmon, sliced
- Shiso Leaves, cut in Julienne
- Shrimps, optional, peel, remove back vein, and boil
- Snow Peas, blanched and halved
- Prepare the sushi rice as same as sushi rolls.
- Mix the pickled ginger in the rice.
- Prepare the ingredients as indicated above.
- Place the rice and ingredients in layers using a round pastry ring.
Download PDF version here: Japanese Sushi Cakes Naoko Hama