Recipe by: Penelope Foo
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 3 cups green papaya, peeled and shredded
- 3 pcs long beans, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp, soaked
- 2 pcs chilli padi (Bird’s Eye Chilli)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthways
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts and roughly chopped
- 1 sprig coriander, chopped for garnish
- In a pestle and mortar, pound the garlic and chilli padi.
- Add the long beans and pound to lightly crush it. Pour contents of mortar into a mixing/salad bowl.
- Place the dried shrimps into the mortar and pound until crushed and add to the long beans, along with the tomatoes and shredded green papaya.
- In a small bowl, combine the palm sugar, lime juice and fish sauce and mix well to dissolve the sugar. Taste and adjust seasoning. Pour dressing over the salad and mix well to combine.
- Garnish with toasted peanuts (optional) and freshly chopped coriander.
Download PDF version here: Thai Green Papaya Salad Penelope Foo