Recipe by: Penelope Foo
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 200g minced chicken
- 2 tbsp coriander roots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 whole salted Chinese olives, seeds and skin removed
- 2 – 4 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
To garnish: (Optional)
- Shredded egg omelette (1 beaten egg, seasoned with ½ tsp fish sauce)
- Coriander leaves
- Roasted cashews
- In a food processor or mortar and pestle, grind the coriander roots, garlic and olives into a paste. If using the already processed olives, omit the olives and only grind the coriander roots and garlic.
- Heat a frying pan, fry the chicken mince stirring constantly and breaking it up into small pieces. Add the olive paste and fry until fragrant. Add the cold cooked rice and mix well. Season with fish sauce to taste and serve with garnishes (optional).
Download PDF version here: Thai Olive Fried Rice Penelope Foo