Recipe by: Penelope Foo
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 6 pieces boneless chicken thighs
- Large wedge of pumpkin (about a quarter of a small whole one)
- 1 yellow onion
- Banana leaf
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 20 white peppercorns
- 3 green chilli (depending on how hot you like it), deseeded and roughly chopped
- 20 Thai basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cm knob of galangal (20g), roughly chopped
- 1 tsp belachan
- 4 shallots (20g), roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks lemon grass, tender white part only, roughly chopped
- 4 coriander roots
- 1 tsp salt
- In a food processor or mortar and pestle, combine all the ingredients for the spice paste into a mini food processor and blend until a smooth paste. Add a little water if necessary.
- Marinate the chicken with about ½ cup of spice paste, fish sauce and coconut milk and set aside to marinade.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Peel pumpkin (optional) and cut into large chunks. Slice onion into rings.
- Line a baking tray with banana leaf and place the pumpkin and onions on the bottom. Place the marinated chicken pieces onto the top, with the skin side up. Season with black pepper & brush some oil over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 mins and grill for 5 mins until the chicken is cooked and the skin is browned.
Download PDF version here: Thai Green Curry Roast Chicken Penelope Foo