Recipe by: Penelope Foo
Source: Adapted from Thai Cakes & Desserts by Chat Mingkwan
Serves: 6 – 8
- 1 cup frozen corn, blanched in hot water
- ½ cup rice flour
- 500ml water
- 1 tsp pandan essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 20 large pandan leaves
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 ½ cup thick coconut milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- Make little cups with pandan leaves. Pin together with toothpicks.
- Combine rice flour, water and pandan essence in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.Cook over medium heat for about 15 – 20 mins, stirring constantly with a spoon until the mixture is thick and transparent. Add the sugar and corn and mix until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- While mixture is still warm, spoon into the pandan leave cups or little ramekins until 2/3 full and set aside.
- To make the topping, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 10 mins, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- While topping is warm, spoon over the corn mixture to fill each cup/ramekin. Set aside until topping sets or chill in fridge. Serve chilled or at room temperature
Download PDF version hereThai Corn Pudding in Pandan Leaf Cups Penelope Foo