Recipe by: Yuko Kono
Source: Family Recipe
- 8g powder agar
- 1L water
Ingredients for Sauce
- 3 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Japanese vinegar
- A bit of Japanese mustard (optional)
- A pinch of shredded dried seaweed, as garnish (optional)
- Add powder agar to boiled water and keep them boiling for 2 min.
- Turn off the heat and pour it into container.
- Let it cool slightly and then place in a refrigerator to cool.
- Once chilled, cut agar pieces into equal sized pieces.
- Push the pieces of agar into the Tokoroten push device to create noodle like pieces. Alternatively, cut agar by hand into noodle strands.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar and mustard (optional)
- Pour sauce over the agar noodles and mix well. Top with shredded seaweed, if you like, and serve immediately.
Download PDF version here: Japanese Tokoroten Yuko Kono