Recipe by: Yuko Kono
Source: Family Recipe
- 100g fish tube cake (Chikuwa)
- 600g cabbage
- 3 cucumber
- 10g dried wakame(a type of seaweed)
- 5 tsp ground white sesame
- 5 tsp vinegar
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Put dried wakame in water and leave it for 5 min. It will expand approximately 10x in volume.
- Wash cucumber with salt and rinse it well under running water.
- Thinly slice cucumber. Place in a colander and add some salt to it.. Leave to sit for 5 mins and then squeeze as much water as you can from it.
- Cut cabbage into big pieces and boil them briefly in hot water for 30 seconds.
- Slice the fish tube cake into thin slices
- Combine the blanched cabbage, cucumber, seaweed and fish tube cake slices into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
Instructions for the dressing
- In small bowl, combine ground white sesame, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce. Mix well and pour over the salad when you are ready to serve.
Download PDF version here: Japanese Seaweed & Vinegar Dressed Seaweed Salad Yuko Kono