Recipe by: Dechu Poonacha
Source: Family Recipe
- 2 cups basmati rice (soak in water for about 30mins and drain the water)
- Ghee 3-4 Tbsp
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 1” cinnamon
- Handful of cashew
- Handful of raisins
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker heat the ghee.
- Add the whole spices (bay leaves, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon). Fry for a minute and add the sliced onions. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the cashew nuts and fry till golden.
- Then add the raisins. After few seconds add the rice and mix well.
- After this add the water, salt and sugar. (adjust salt according to taste)
- Close the lid and switch it off after the first whistle.
- Once the pressure subsides open the lid and stir.
- Dish it on a serving platter and decorate with fried onions, cashew and raisins.
- Serve rice with raita.
Download PDF version here: Indian Coorg Ghee Rice Dechu Inanda