Recipe by: Dechu Poonacha
Source: Family Recipe
- ½ kg carrots
- 50 g fresh grated coconut
- 250 ml fresh milk
- 100 g sugar
- 2 cardamom whole
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 10-12 cashew nuts
- Handful of raisins
- Boil carrots.
- Blend boiled carrots with coconut to a paste (can add a little water to form a paste)
- In a saucepan add milk, cardamom, the carrot paste and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Then add the sugar and stir for about 5-8 mins till the sugar dissolves.
- You can now remove the cardamom and discard.
- In another small pan heat the ghee and add the cashew nuts and fry till golden brown.
- Switch off the heat and add the raisins to the cashew nuts (the heat will be sufficient to fry the raisins)
- Add this to the carrot mix.
Download PDF version here: Indian Carrot Payasa Dechu Inanda