Recipe by: Marchien Vuijk
Source: Family Recipe
Serves: 25 – 30 pieces
- 250 gram all-purpose flour (2 cups)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 350 ml (full fat) milk (1.5 cup)
- pinch of salt
- 1 sachet dry yeast (about 7 gram)
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar for serving
- Heat the milk until it’s a little bit warmer than lukewarm.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the sugar and yeast. Wait until the mixture becomes foamy which should take about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. You can also do it in a regular bowl by hand.
- Slowly add the yeast mixture and egg and whisk until you’ve reached a smooth batter. Cover the bowl with a clean damp kitchen towel and let it rest for about an hour or until the batter volume has doubled.
- Pour the batter in a disposable piping-bag without a nozzle.
- Heat your ‘poffertjespan’ on medium heat and brush some butter into the pan. When the butter is hot, use your piping-bag to divide the batter. Keep in mind not to use too much batter at a time. Flip the ‘poffertjes’ after about one minute, or until golden brown.
- Serve them hot with some butter and powdered sugar.
Download PDF version here: Dutch Pancakes Marchien Vuijk