Recipe by: Alessandra Gennaro
Source and Photo: Alessandra Gennaro
Ingredients (Panna Cotta)
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream (not thickened)
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod split lengthways, seeds scraped out (or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- 25 g sugar
Ingredients (Strawberry Coulis)
- 150 g strawberries (or raspberries)
- few drops of lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- icing sugar to dust
- For the panna cotta, soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft.
- Place the cream, the milk, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer. Remove the vanilla pod and discard.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves, then add to the pan and take off the heat. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide the mixture among four ramekins and leave to cool. Place into the fridge for at least an hour, until set.
- For the coulis, roughly chop the strawberries and blend them until smooth.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve into a bowl and add the drops of lemon
- To serve, turn each panna cotta out onto a serving plate. Spoon over the coulis and garnish with a sprig of mint. Dust with icing sugar.
Download PDF here.Italian Panna Cotta with Strawberry Coulis