Recipe by: Daphne Schieveen
- 1 lime
- 225 gram butter
- 225 gram white caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 gram self raising flour
- 25 gram corn flour
Ingredients (Lime Mascarpone)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 200 g mascarpone
- 60 g peeled and crushed pistachio nuts
Ingredients (Lime Buttercream)
- 1 lime
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 120 g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven till 180 C (350 F).
- Grate the skin of the lime and squeeze the lime.
- Mix the butter with the sugar till it is creamy.
- Mix the eggs one by one in the butter/sugar mixture
- Sieve the flour and add together with the corn flour in batches to the mixture
- Mix well, add the grated lime skin in the mixture and mix again.
- Butter in mold, put the mixture inside and bake for 40-50 minutes in the oven.
- Split the cooled cake into two layers.
- Make the butter cream, beat the butter, icing sugar, lime juice and grated lime skin in a bowl with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Spread the buttercream over the lowest layer and put the other one on top of the cream.
- Mix the lime juice with the mascarpone and icing sugar and spoon on top of the cake.
- Decorate with crushed pistachio nuts.
Download PDF here: Internatioanl Lime Cake with Mascarpone, Pistachio Nuts and Buttercream