Recipe by: Daphne Schieveen
- 10 slices filo
- 225 g spinach leaves
- 200 g feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 50 g grated cheese
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Defrost the filo, cover it with a wet tea towel to prevent dehydration.
- Wash the spinach and sauté it in the pan for 3 minutes. Slice it in small pieces.
- Crumble the white cheese.
- Add the cheese crumbles, 1 egg, nutmeg and grates cheese to the spinach and combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the other egg.
- Double the filo sheet and spread with the egg.
- Put one tablespoon of the mixture on the sheet and fold the sheet in a triangle.
- Preheat the oil in a pan till 175 C (350 F) and deep fry them in 2 minutes golden brown and done. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Download PDF here. There are more photos in this PDF.Greek Spinach Pie Snack (Spanakopita)