Recipe by: Daphne Schieveen
- 120 g walnuts
- 80 g pistachio
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 125 g salted butter, melted
- 12 slices of filo
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp crushed pistachio’s
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) water
- 250 gram sugar plain
- 2 Tbsp orange blossom
- 1 Tbsp rosewater
- Preheat the oven till 180 C (350 F). Cover a baking tray with sides with baking sheets
- Mix in a kitchen machine walnuts, pistachio and cinnamon till a fine mixture.
- Cut the slices filo in half and put a wet kitchen towel on it.
- Butter the baking tray and put a slice filo on it
- Grease with a brush butter on it and add another sheet of filo. Continue this till you have 12 sheets.
- Add butter and put the nut mixture on it.
- Put a slice filo on it, add again butter and continue this till the filo is finished.
- Grease the top with butter. Make a grating pattern on top.
- Bake the baklava in 30 minutes in the oven. Lower the oven till 150 C (300 F) and bake for another 20 minutes or till he is gold brown.
- Make the syrup: preheat in a pan on middle low fire water and sugar. Let it boil and turn the heat down and let the syrup boil for another 10 minutes.
- Add the orange blossom and rosewater. Put aside.
- Take the baklava out of the oven, grease the left over from the butter on top of it.
- Sprinkle the syrup on it and let it cool down and soak the syrup.
- Sprinkle powder sugar on top of it and decorate with the crushed pistachio’s.
Download PDF here. There are more photos in this PDF. Greek Baklava